Awards and Recognition
YouthCARE's programs and services have earned the following awards and recognition:
- 2010 Community Impact Award from the Women’s Foundation of Minnesota
- 2009 Best Practices Award from the Governor’s Council on Faith and Community Service Initiatives
- 2008 Community Ignition Award from Minnesota MILE
- 2008 Access to the Outdoors Award from the Parks & Trails Council of Minnesota
- 2003 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Humanitarian Award
The award was presented to YouthCARE in recognition of YouthCARE’s contributions to the community, reflective of the dream of Dr. King, during the 13th Annual “Celebrate the Dream” tribute to the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. at the Basilica of Saint Mary in Minneapolis, MN. Dr. King’s eldest son, Martin Luther King, III, was the keynote speaker.
- 2002 Ann Bancroft Award for Support and Encouragement
- 2000 Nonprofit Mission Award for Anti-Racism Initiative from the Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- 1985 Eleanor P. Eells Award for Program Excellence from the Fund for Advancement of Camping “for providing sensitive and thoughtful leadership resulting in human growth through the outdoor experience".
Craig Luedemann and Board Member Gleason Glover accept the 2009 Best Practices Award from the Governor's Council on Faith and Community Service Initiatives
Jeff Xiong accepts 2008 Community Ignition Award from Minnesota MILE